Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dose of Cuteness

Cabin fever sent me to town today. Perusing the local bookstore I discovered Norton Juster's The Dot & the Line: A Romance in Lower Mathematics. It's cute, cheesy, and nerdy all at once. In other words perfect for my current mood. I read the entire book in the store, bought it, and just ended a skype call with storytime. 

Apparently the book, originally published in 1963, was made into an Academy Award winning short. It's on YouTube. I prefer the book, though given that the movie is the exact text I think it reveals my  preference for the print medium. If you aren't familiar, acquaint yourself.

2 comments:

mathplayground said...

They just don't make movies like they used to. What a find! Thanks.

Sarah Cannon said...

It reminds me of Reading Rainbow--which I guess isn't being produced anymore. *sigh*