Thursday, January 17, 2008

When a test makes me happy

The ASVAB was being offered at our school today. When they were calling students to take it, Z was on the list.

It made me smile. I've been encouraging him to sign up for it since he mentioned wanting to join the arm last week. I have no idea how he'll do. I don't know nearly enough about the test. He's smart, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he didn't score high enough to enlist. At this point, I'm excited that he actually signed up. Evidence that somehow the constant encouragement (which I won't take all the credit for, but want to claim part of) is making a difference. He's taking steps toward the future. Signing up for the test is a baby step, sure. But even baby steps can get us somewhere.

I hope he was here to take it.

Edit: He was.

No comments: